|Zen| Tribe - Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Yooooooooooo
Allo! (dreamdelight's application) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2023 7:32 pm by dreamdelight

» Teamspeak for Scrubs of the past
Allo! (dreamdelight's application) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 10:42 pm by Dr.Pizzazz

» Howdeh and w00t!
Allo! (dreamdelight's application) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 3:34 pm by brambles

» I AM BAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCKKKK!!!!
Allo! (dreamdelight's application) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 3:33 pm by brambles

» Sadnesssssssssssss
Allo! (dreamdelight's application) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 12:47 pm by brambles

» THIS IS PING!!!!!!!! Application :)
Allo! (dreamdelight's application) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 12:44 pm by brambles

» Hey all of you Old Farts
Allo! (dreamdelight's application) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 12:58 pm by Ping

» The Motha Fn Biscott
Allo! (dreamdelight's application) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 7:29 pm by brambles

» New Cube 2!!!
Allo! (dreamdelight's application) I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 1:17 pm by Vault

Similar topics

Allo! (dreamdelight's application)

3 posters

Go down

Allo! (dreamdelight's application) Empty Allo! (dreamdelight's application)

Post  dreamdelight Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:25 am

Hey y'all!

dreamdelight here. I was wondering what you'd like me to do for a "proper application." As far as stats go, I've tried to take screens, but that hasn't worked so well (I can't seem to find the files anywhere on my hd), so as a first step I'll just give you some relevant standard deviation estimates Wink

All stats will be estimates of when I'm actually playing to play well.

90% of the time my accuracy is between 20-40% (including rifle jumps)

90% of the time my kpd is between 1.5-3.0.

90% of the time I shoot 0-1 teammates in a round (unless you count the times I wanted to shoot them...)

90% of the time I would choose to play Sauerbraten with 20-60% of my body bare if my blinds were shut and my roommates didn't think it was awkward.

90% of the time I would choose brie before all other cheeses if money were no object.

100% of the time I enjoy playing Sauerbraten with |Zen| members than I do without them. (See what I did there? Sentimentality win!)

But in all honesty, I've really enjoyed playing with those |Zen| members I've met online. They tend to be talkative/friendly/fun, which I think is pretty sweet, and proper actually, seeing as how this is only a game.

Let me know if you'd prefer me to write essays on |Zen| methodologies or the irl-impact of the |Zen| approach to gaming (or if you just want to test my 1337 abilities in a couple rounds) for my application. I'd be more than happy to oblige.

Aight, I'm off. Enjoy the rest of your week, mates.
-dreamdelight

Last edited by dreamdelight on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
dreamdelight
dreamdelight

Aries
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Allo! (dreamdelight's application) Empty Re: Allo! (dreamdelight's application)

Post  brambles Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:08 am

The whole |Zen| ideology, if there is one, regards games as games and tries to keep players playing as much as possible (esp. in the face of drama or hacking or both). It's more about having fun and having a place to hang out with other cool people.

I know you're a good player; how's your connection to Sanctuary and Den? And what time zone are you in? As for trying out, try coming on later when there are more Zen on and round them up. Say you want to try out, they'll probably put you through the measures.
If Vault is on before that and you have a mic, he might help set you up with TeamSpeak (3).

And me, I'm on vacation and a netbook. I'll be watching the log for Sanc every so often, probably getting into IRC. Might go on TS later.
Good luck

brambles

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamdelight Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:45 pm

Beautiful! And thanks Brambles. Your response is appreciated.

If I'm remembering correctly, my connection to both Sanctuary and Den hovers around 130 ms (give or take 20-30). Occasionally I've hit 200 ms or a little above that, but I've never heard complaints about me "lagging" on either server (for what little that counts). It looks like both servers were down this morning, so I'll test my connection to them later.

Thanks again Brambles, I really do appreciate the help.

Last edited by dreamdelight on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to attach my sig, and I'm slightly anal-retentive when it comes to small nonsensical stuff.)
dreamdelight
dreamdelight

Aries
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Allo! (dreamdelight's application) Empty hells.........

Post  Vault Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:00 pm

Hi there. Thanx for the interest and nice read of your application. Sure thing, hope to see you tonight.

One question I'm guessing to ask for us is, why are you not in ONI anymore?

Look forward to seeing ya IG soon. Peace.

What a Face

gotta run run run (busy)
Vault
Vault
Admin

Libra
Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamdelight Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:12 pm

Allo and thanks for the response, Vault.

That's a pretty valid and relevant question, and I see why you'd like it answered here. First I'd like to say that I only though of myself as a part of ONI for about 2 hours. I had the nick "[ONI]hydrogens" (at least I think that was it) for about an entire 24 hours.
Anyhow, here's the story. I jumped into that nick about as soon as I was invited to be a part of the clan. After playing with that nick for 20 minutes I asked how many active members ONI had to which the response was something along the lines of "Somewhere around 10." I finished the round I was playing, and then shutdown Sauer. I searched Google for ONI, and I couldn't find anything. I knew it was a relatively new clan then, but I was hoping to be able to connect with whoever else was in the clan in some organized way (for matches and the like). At about that point I realized that ONI probably wasn't the clan for me, it may very well have had some good players who were pretty friendly, but I had no way of connecting with them.
I am aware that ONI may indeed have had a site, and that Google in addition to other clan sites (e.g. Ogros') simply did not provide me an easy way to it. This did not cross my mind at the time. I wanted to be an active member of whatever clan I was a part of, and the seeming lack of a clan page in addition to the fact that I had never seen an ONI member before was a discouragement, and what eventually led me to revert back to my original nick the next day. I planned on telling the guy who had invited me to ONI, but I still haven't come across him (and after about 2 weeks I'd nearly completely forgotten about it).
I have no hard feelings towards ONI, and I hope that the ONI clan members don't have any towards me. I've seen 2 ONI members since then and I've thoroughly enjoyed playing with them.

I believe that just about answers your question, Vault. But if you (or anyone) have more to ask, fire away. I really don't mind in the least.

Take care! I'll catch you sometime later.
dreamdelight
dreamdelight

Aries
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  brambles Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:29 pm

Probably only asking because #names was still showing your 'hydrogens' nick (recently at least). No big deal.

brambles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down